Monday, February 14, 2011

Cheers to Valentine's Day

So I woke up this morning and made a delicious breakfast for my wonderful baseball player...courtesy of the ever so creative Martha Stewart.

Materials:
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
Thick Slices of bread
Butter or Pam
Eggs

I made a few alterations to the breakfast.
1. Thick Slices of bread ( I used 100% whole grain cinnamon bread, it gave it a little sweet addition)
2. Spray the inside of your cookie cutter with Pam or butter.  I use Pam (less calories)
3  Just a little tip, once your eggs are almost done, if you take the cookie cutter out, the egg won't move, so I flipped it over, to toast the other side a little more.  Just remember you want your eggs to be almost finished or it will run.
4. We also had turkey bacon, but that was after I took the picture, sat down, started eating, and was like oh crap I forgot the bacon. 

 How cute is this!

 Voila!

 Picture our cupcakes from The Flying Cupcake...it's a cell phone pic
Bad pic...AMAZING cupcakes!

I apologize for the quality of my pictures.  I don't have a fancy camera and do my best to edit them on picnick to make them decent looking ;)

By the way if you haven't used picnik and don't exactly have the best camera or photo taking skills like moi...its super fun to use and really helps improve the quality of your pictures :)


Ok, so back to Valentine's Day <3

What an exciting day its been so far! Baby "K" was born last night on Valentine's Day eve!!! His name is Spiros (Spirit) Maximus(the greatest).  Mamma K did wonderfully, she delivered this 9lb bundle of joy with no meds....all natural! I can't wait to meet my new baby cousin.  Along with all of that love I get to meet my valentine for breakfast and get Hot Sauce Chicken for dinner!  

Just remember all you independent souls out there...Valentine's Day is a day of love....not a day of significant others.  So celebrate your love for your self, bestie, or family!  Go pamper your self, have a movie night with the girls, have coffee with your mom, dad, sister, grandma, grandpa, step-dad, brother, anyone you want to show your love for.   

Happy Valentine's Day!! I leave you with this really creepy Valentine I googled :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment