Monday, February 21, 2011

Cheers to Forgiveness

The boy is so wonderful, I think this is his biggest pet peve, but he loves me anyway :)  
He's just looking out for me (probably himself too) and doesn't want me(us) to burn the apartment down or get electrocuted;)

As a Christian and with the way things are these days forgiveness is so important.  We have so much stress, unfairness, and wrong doings in our lives, can you imagine how much hatred and angst we would hold in our hearts if we didn't forgive people. 

My grandma has had quite the life...so many things have happened to her; abuse, death of son and brother, health, and addiction in our family...the list also goes on.

I was talking to her about my dad not that long ago and she told me that the only way she gets through the day is to stay angry, she thinks that if she doesn't it will be too much to handle on top of all the grieving, stress, and medical issues she's also dealing with. 

My grandma is such a strong willed woman, some may call her stubborn...ok they might be accurate.  I think strong willed is more fitting for her though, she has been through so much that I can't blame her, so sometimes my advice just goes out the window when I tell her, but I tell her anyway. 

If my grandma could just let go, not be angry and forgive my dad I think it would help her.  The forgiveness doesn't take away the worry but it lets you focus on him, it lets you focus on the person we KNOW he is and the person we hope to get back some day.  Letting go and forgiving would allow her to throw away some of the stress and sadness on her heart, its not hers, it's his so don't take it.  He is her child so I understand this is hard (not fully bc I don't have kids) I just wish she would try.

Try to forgive those who have done wrong to you, its not worth carrying around.  
After all...what right do they have to interfere in your emotions that way, none so don't let them.  

Everyone makes mistakes, we have to remember that, show grace to people like people in the past have shown you, and God has shown us by forgiving our sins.

Ephesians 4:23 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"

Colossians 3:13 " Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you have may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

No comments:

Post a Comment