Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cheers to the Birthday Boy!!

It's my baseball players birthday!!! He woke up going I feel so olddd....mind you he's only 22 and I'm turning 23 in May!

Ok, I'd like to keep this a positive blog.  However I just have a littleee opinion about gift giving that's been bugging me since December, not because I couldn't let go, but because gift giving holidays kept coming up.  So I was at work in December and we were talking about gifts.  One lady (I say lady meaning, yes this is a grown woman) said "I hate getting stupid gifts" followed by other negative comments.  I was asked what I was hoping to get, I reply honestly and say .."I don't really care what I get, the fact they thought to get me anything is enough for me"  and everyone in the room said I was BSing.  WHAT?!  Can we go back to when were little kids and our parents always told us its the thought that counts.  How can a thought like I hate this stupid gift pop in to your head, I'm pretty sure those aren't the values people will instill in their children.  Then a few days before Valentine's Day people were calling in and saying how they compete with gifts and on and on and I got her an ipod and she just drew me a painting. 

People, it isss the thought that counts.  Holidays are expensive and if you have 20 people to buy for it's really expensive.  We buy gifts because we care, because it is the thought that counts!

Ok, I'm done venting about that, its happy times and celebration to for Baseball Players Birthday! YAYYYYY

My MeMaw (it's my southern coming through, this is what I call my mom's mom in TN), sent baseball player a birthday card, it was so sweet! She wrote a longer note in his card then she did in mine! Ohhh Memaw! On the card was the coolest quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson..."What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."  How cool is that?!  This is what I take out of it.  Our past is our past, things we've done that we wish we did differently and things that happened to us that we wish didn't.  Things that may be happening in our present or happen in our future are bare no matter to the strength and will and the true person that we really are.  They hold no comparison to our true person.  We all make mistakes and have regrets, remember your true person.

 The boyfriend trying on his birthday jeans ;) what a cute bootay






**All Pictures googled...ok so i know the princess snail isn't exactly "boy birthday" but it was just too cute to pass up!
***still not sure why "googled" is not considered a verb

No comments:

Post a Comment