Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cheers to Fairy Tales

I don't know if you guys remember but it had been a week since I Jordan! Eeek!  Friday I finally got to his face and get some cuddles. 

Saturday we babysat his so sweet nephew
Don't mind my bright red cheeks, I was going on day 5 of an awful cold
Kendall and I watched Snow White while Uncle Jordan took a nap ;) Don't we all just wish sometimes we were apart of a fairy tale, well I do. In the end we realize, maybe having hair long enough to climb, evil queens prompting us to try poison apples, and flying carpets might not be all that great after all.  Ok so flying carpets would be really cool.  Real life, given its ups and downs its pretty great, my friend Karyn sums it up this way "the grass is greener on my side". 


No matter what age we still love fairy tales, maybe because we secretly still love the movies, or maybe because they remind us of our childhood.  (Guys too, Jordan was singing along to the beginning of Aladdin with me ;)

PS I'm pretty sure Aladdin is my favorite Disney Movie/Fairy Tale....What's yours?  Alice in Wonderland 2nd

I found these awesome pictures from a spot of whimsy

Rachel Weisz as snow white and the seven dwarfs

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony as Jasmine and Aladdin
Beyonce, Lyle Lovett, Oliver Platt, as Alice, the mad hatter, and the march hare in Alice in Wonderland

Julianne Moore as Ariel and Michael Phelps as the merman from The Little Mermaid

Whoopie Goldberg as Genie from Aladdin

Julie Andrews as the Blue Fairy and Abigal Breslin as Fira, Pinocchio

Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Effron in Sleeping Beauty

Head over to a spot of whimsy to check out the rest of this collection, info on the artist, and brand new iterations!!
 
It's raining here in MI, but also going to be 50! 

No comments:

Post a Comment