Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cheers to avoiding the temptation that is Paczki!

Well today is Fat Tuesday...has anyone had their really healthy paczki yet today?  I skipped out haha, not exactly good for the hips or work out schedule.  Ohhhh but I do loovvveee those jelly, custard, cream filled, overly plump pastries! When I was little my mom used to always have them for us before school on Fat Tuesday.

For those of you that don't know Paczki Day or Fat Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday and the last day of Mardi Gras.  Everyone loads up on rich delicious foods before Lent begins.

My work is having a Paczki eating contest today....can you imagine what the King or Queen of Paczki is going to feel like after that contest...probably not much like a King or Queen eeekk!!!!

Oh but don't they look delish!


I've always loved Mardi Gras masks...I think they are so beautiful! My mom and dad went to New Orleans when I was younger and brought me one back, my friend Karyn went our freshman year in college and brought me one back then too! Love them!

Just in case you decide to indulge in the delicious polish pastry here are some nutrition facts and ways to burn off those cals!! I found this article here.  Being that Detroit has Hamtramack, a very Polish area and the Paczki parade every year, I'll be seeing a lot of temptation today....JUST Say NO Brittney!

1 Paczki packs 300-450 calories and 22-27 grams of fat

1 hour/exercise
Jogging-413cals
Racquetball-412 cals
Moving household items/boxes to an upstairs-513cals
High impact aerobics- 415cals

3 comments:

  1. Hiya, Just found your blog today. Very cute. I'm following now and can't wait to read more.

    http://shellseaoberski.blogspot.com - Giveaway Today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had (nor heard of) a Paczki until now, but I simply must have one. That looks yummy beyond belief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shellsea- Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you are enjoying my blog!!

    @Popcorn- oh you must!!! They are delicious!!! just in case you didn't know they are pronounced PoonchKEY and poncheck for singular (Paczki is already plural) Just a little Polish lesson for ya!

    @ both-Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I appreciate it and your comments so much!

    ReplyDelete