Monday, January 17, 2011

Cheers to 2 posts in 1 day!

I've been following this blog for some time now, it's called ArtfullyQuaint.  One day I was skimming through and came across the cutest craft project/keep sake ever!  My baseball player had to finish school in Indiana (to not get into to detail) for a better baseball opportunity.  So now we only see each other on the weekends... it's hard but we manage. Well I found this cutie little project and thought it would be a great way for us to always hold on to the memories of this chapter of our lives and relationship!

** here is the original artist that artfullyquaint pulled from alisaburke

Love Note Pillow


I started by selecting a couple of notes and letters that I scanned.
Or they can be photographed
I pulled the documents over to photoshop and adjusted the brightness and contrast-this could really be done in any editing program.
I added a warming filter for a subtle sepia look.
I enlarged the document so that I obscured entire sentences- for a little mystery :)

I then flipped it horizontal to prepare to print.
I used Tulip's photo transfer paper and loaded it into my ink jet printer.
I printed it out
I then placed the transfer down on unbleached muslin.
I covered it with a piece of scrap fabric and following the direction, ironed it down.
I let the transfer cool and I peeled off the top sheet to reveal my love note.
I used my craft iron to melt any obvious edges that were showing.
Next I cut it out.
and sewed it onto the surface of another piece of muslin that I had pre cut for my pillow.
I sewed the all of the sides together (with wrong sides facing).
and left a hole open too, so I could stuff the pillow and then sew the hole up.

YAYYYY can't wait to make my own!

Thanks again to Alisaburke and Artfullyquaint!

No comments:

Post a Comment