Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cheers to Harry Potter!

Any Harry Potter fans out there?! I know you are!!!

I regretfully have to say I am one of the fans that haven't read the books, however thoroughly enjoy the movies!  The first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone came out when I was 10 years old.  My friend at the time was reading it, I tried...but couldn't quite fathom passing up my copy of the book Clueless (yes I had the actual book Clueless, it was pretty much word for word the movie) for a 500 page book about wizards (give or take).  A few years later BAM Harry Potter started spreading like wild fire!  I currently have 5 books in line that I need to finish reading.  My sisters happen to have every single book, hard and soft copies it seems like...so when I finally the books on my list I'm going to read the Harry Potter books.  Some of my friends who aren't book readers don't understand...if something was a book before it was a movie, I feel it is quite sinful to not read the actual book ;)

If any of you lovelies out there are planning to go see the premier at midnight, or are like my sisters and are heading to the movies for a double feature the 1st part of the Deathly Hallows plays and then right after the 2nd, I have a little Harry Potter cocktail for you.  I'm sure all you Potter fans know about Butterbeer!



Here are the ingredients:
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda

Follow this link from YumSugar for the complete recipe!

Finally I shall leave you with some HP inspired photos compliments of Pintrest

No comments:

Post a Comment